Wednesday 14 March 2012

E-I-E-I-O


You all might be wondering why the abbreviation above, well on the next few days we reviewed how science kits, simple models and exhibits can make a huge difference to learning scientific principles and making sure that these principles are cemented in the minds of learners ranging from ECD to High School! So in essence it's :

E for Excite
I for Introduce
E for Explore
I for Interact
O for Outcomes



Day 6,7 & 8

On the last days of our visit we experienced first hand use of grant funded teacher training and use of simple educational resources in the classroom for interactive teaching. This for me personally was an extremely important part of our trip, as the KZN ScienCentre has over the last year developed an extensive programme around simple science resource kits as well as teacher training. The most important lessons learnt from this part was the engagement around all partners involved and most importantly I will be further engaging with The Miami Science Museum and  The Fairchild Project over the materials and expertise that they have used for the above ;-)!

As I write this post I have been back in S.A for a a few days now and we are certainly ready to rock and roll! I will be writing new posts each week with details on how I implemented what I  learnt, how The KZN ScienCentre has evaluated their programmes and how we have made use of all our collaborations and partnerships. For all of you reading this blog please feel free to contact me if you require any further info or would like to partner with The KZN ScienCentre. And we must we always remember as the picture below shows all projects can start of a mere caterpillar and within the right environment, food of knowledge and time to review and mature they can all turn into butterflies!



No comments:

Post a Comment