Thursday 23 February 2012

Adventures in Science Begin!

And so it begins! After some wise words from Beverly, Tebogo and Rudi at our farewell lunch hosted by The DST and SAASTA we're off to the airport all in good time - just enough to write my first post :-).

Now for some background - I am currently the Head of The KZN Science Education Foundation - The KZN ScienCentre - a fully registered NPO focused on creating a science and an education literate society in South Africa. I am passionate about what I do and what we stand for and always looking at new ways of creating awareness and creating a stable organizational strategy and plan to ensure financial stability in a harsh economic climate.

Now about this adventure , I was fortunate enough to be chosen by The Department of Science & Technology and SAASTA to embark on a course at The Miami University and The Mimai Science Museum as well as many other informal learning Centres and schools. Whilst there I will look at processes that involve executive management of various informal learning centres, curriculum support to schools, conceptualization and implementation of programmes as well as sponsorship and fundraising models to name but a few. Over the next few days I will be posting interesting findings, pictures and thoughts gained from my experiences.
Albert Einstein once said " All that is valuable in human society depends on the opportunity for development accorded to the individual" so with that in mind, whilst I will be making the most of this opportunity, I also hope by my blog and chats to various colleagues when I come back that I will give you insight, knowledge and skills that can be used to contribute to to the education of our youth!

Hamba Kahle/Goodbye for Now from a beautiful warm JHB - till I write again from a beautiful warm Miami!

No comments:

Post a Comment